Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A New Day, I think!

If anyone is reading my blog, I want to apologize for my absence. I haven't even been able to gather my thoughts, so it wouldn't have been much of a post.

I started with a new counselor because she was closer geographically. It was really hard to have to go back and start from the beginning, when some of those issues have been resolved. I have been to her twice but its not going to work out.

I called the counselor that I have had for 13 years, and he agreed to see me. He has given up session work. He and his wife own a retreat called \'\In the Stillness". It is a beautiful place but we have no way of taking two or three days to go there. One, we have no one to take care of our dogs, Two, I couldn't be away from home that long, I guess there are only two! 

I has a psychiatrist appointment last Friday. I was surprised how well it went. I was finally able to get a real diagnosis of what is lurking under my umbrella of Mental Illness.

The doctor said, that I have PTSD, OCD, SAD, Generalized Anxiety disorder, Agoraphobia and Borderline Personality Disorder. The last one scared me because of all the ways that they use it on TV. I did some research and found that it was just like any of my other disorders.

Thanks for reading? Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment